Wednesday, April 1, 2020


Harshingaar or shiuli.....is the only flower that can be devoted to Gods even after they have fallen on the ground....the beauty and fragrance are both divine. I was blessed to witness it in my childhood, but sadly the plant was removed from the garden as its immense aroma attracted dangerous serpents. But, one incident I clearly remember is...going to someone's place with an aunt to pick the fresh flowers in the dawn that must have fallen on the ground. I can never forget the stillness and dark blue sky waiting to transform into crimson red. The orange stalk and centre of the flower are like its ornaments. And, as close to my heart the flower is...the plant found its way back again in my parental home and is wildly flourishing in the garden on its own. I would say we are lucky that we can offer them to the Gods and it chose our domicile to bloom and blossom #bounties_of_nature

No comments:

Post a Comment