Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Musings of a Late Night Mom!



In the darkness of night,
And the silence of the beloved ones asleep
When none but the snores of my child are like melody to my ears as he is deep in his dreams and no other force can soothe him as good as the nursing night slumber.
I am content with the motherhood phase I am passing through and I passively smile as I pour him the last glass of milk of the day.

In the background, I can hear the whistle of the train and the screeching of its wheels through the foggy winter night; which reminds me of my childhood excitement and the physics lessons that came along with it.
Today, I also hear the announcement lady calling out destination names and asking passengers to board their respective trains.

I drift through the distant noises and my mind is transported into so many different worlds at once.
Images begin to flicker in front of my eyes; people swarming the platforms, some struggling to get to their right coaches while others patiently resting on benches or on self-spread carpets as they know their journey is still far ahead.
So many desires, some anxious hearts and some excited ones must be boarding their trains to reach their homes and be with family or their beloved. Some youngsters leaving home with the ambition of a new start in a new city with the twinkle of yet to be fulfilled dreams in their eyes.

Thousands of people with hundreds of reasons, each journey being unique. And here I am, still wondering, where this journey of my life is taking me to!

As always, I have left all upon destiny as it has been the mastermind behind all that has occurred in my life. So, I would wait till the destiny unfolds and I embark upon a new journey, some new chapter of my life that I am yet to explore.

Till then, let me relish this delicious gift of God bestowed upon me, a journey that was never planned, a journey I cannot go back on and a journey I cannot be grateful enough for.

Cheers



4 comments: